Happy day-before-Thanksgiving everyone! In honor of the holiday tomorrow, we are sharing this awesome recipe for a diabetic friendly version of one of the classics- pumpkin pie! This recipe comes from Diabetic Connect member Jeanette Terry, and we are so excited to share it with you now. Just in time to test it out tomorrow!
- 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, sugar substitute, and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
3. Add pumpkin and milk to egg mixture, and stir until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pie crust in pie dish.
4. Place pie on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until set in center.