This recipe is a very easy breakfast option when you don’t have a lot of time to spend cooking in the morning. The nut butter provides a punch of protein to kick start your metabolism and keep you feeling satiated until lunch. This recipe comes from the ADA’s Diabetes Food Hub, and we thank them for the inspiration!
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes (shredded)
- Split and toast English muffin.
- Spread each half with almond butter.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle with coconut.