We are officially in the midst of barbecue season! A great choice when you have diabetes is to provide a healthy diabetes friendly dish, like this recipe from the American Diabetes Association. This fruit dish can either be made as a platter or tray display as outlined below, or the fruit can be put on skewer sticks for a fun on the go snack!
- 8 oz Greek vanilla yogurt (100 calorie)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups whole strawberries (hulled)
- 4 cups cantaloupe (cubed)
- 1 pineapple (peeled, cored and cubed)
- 3 cups green grapes
- 4 cups blueberries
- 3 cups purple grapes
- 3 cups blackberries
- Mix together yogurt and chia seeds. Refrigerate overnight. Mix in 1/8 tsp cinnamon.
- On a very large platter place strawberries at the top row forming the top of a rainbow pattern.
- Place cantaloupe cubes as the second row underneath the strawberries. Continue this process with the pineapple through blackberries making the rainbow pattern.