Happy August everyone! Today we have a great recipe, brought to us by the ADA Diabetes Food Hub, which is sure to have you starting the day off right. These mini frittatas are super easy to make in the morning, and then a quick reheat for the leftover frittatas the rest of the week!
- Cooking spray
- Paper muffin liners (9)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 5 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin papers.
- Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and heat the pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add the green pepper and onions to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake 20 minutes or until the centers of the frittatas are firm.