We’re pretty sure that nachos are an all-around beloved food, but that many chips (let alone toppings) can sometimes be an issue when you are trying to watch your carb count. But never fear, we’ve got a great recipe coming to you from the ADA Diabetes Food Hub that incorporates all the delicious flavors of nachos into a to-die-for casserole without all the extra fat and carbs.
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 can (15 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 oz baked tortilla chips, crushed (about 24 chips)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with black pepper. Spray a large saute pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and then top with the crushed tortilla chips. Bake 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.