Before summer officially comes to a close, we wanted to share this fresh and colorful salad we found at the ADA’s Food Hub. A quick and easy recipe that is perfect to be used as a main course or a side dish. We hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and chopped
- 15 oz corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup reduced fat monterey jack cheese
1. To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic and honey. Dressing is best served at room temperature.
2. Spread lettuce evenly across a large serving platter. Arrange beans, jicama, corn, bell pepper and avocados side by side on top of lettuce. Garnish with cheese. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, for at least 1 hour. Drizzle with dressing before serving.