With New Years festivities right around the corner, there are sure to be parties and drinks aplenty! Often times punches at parties are very high in sugar and can affect your blood sugar, not to mention having to keep track of your levels with alcohol in the mix. Here we’ve got a great alternative brought to you from the American Diabetes Association, a sparkling strawberry mint drink. This delicious drink is a much more enticing alternative compared to a simple glass of water, and we hope you enjoy it!
- 3 1/2 cups sparkling water, divided
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 large fresh mint leaves plus 4 mint sprigs
- 4 large fresh strawberries, stemmed
- Puree the strawberries, mint leaves, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of the sparkling water in a blender on low speed until smooth, at least 30 seconds.
- Pour the puree into a serving pitcher. Very slowly pour in the remaining sparkling water.
- Serve chilled over ice in tall beverage glasses. Garnish each with a sprig of fresh mint.