There is nothing better during these cold winter months than some true comfort food. What is the most quintessential wintertime dish? We think it’s chili, and this recipe from the American Diabetes Association Diabetes Food Hub will not disappoint! So without further ado, let’s get cooking!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16oz lean ground turkey
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15.8oz) great northern beans
- 1 can (15.25oz) kidney beans
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray a large soup pot with cooking spray. Add the onions, carrots, and zucchini, and saute over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until the onions turn clear. Add the garlic and saute 30 more seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until brown. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well and bring the chili to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.