We’re tackling two new concepts in our baking today! This recipe is both gluten-free and has the traditionally savory ingredient- quinoa. However, these cookies could not be more easy to make or delicious and guilt free to eat! Check out the original post here at the ADA’s Diabetes Food Hub for more details, or continue on for the recipe.
- 3 tbsp Smart Balance margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C Splenda sugar blend
- 1 C old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free, not quick cooking
- 2 C cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1/2 C baking mix, gluten free
- 1/4 C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together margarine, vanilla, egg and Splenda. Mix until well blended.
- Add oats, quinoa and baking mix to mixture and stir well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and store in airtight container when cool.