In need of a quintessential summer meal? We’ve got the perfect thing for you- a grilled veggie wrap brought to us by the ADA’s Diabetes Food Hub! It’s super quick, healthy and will totally hit the spot on a gorgeous summer afternoon.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 8 slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 8 slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 4 slices
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas, 10-inch diameter
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and ground pepper.
- Add sliced zucchini, squash and bell pepper to marinade and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Grill the vegetables about 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Lay out the tortilla and spread with 2 tbsp hummus, then add two fresh basil leaves and top with 2 slices of zucchini, 2 slices of yellow squash and 1 slice bell pepper.
- Fold in the two sides of the tortilla and roll like a burrito. You can serve these immediately or wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate.