Happy Friday everyone! We’re gearing up with a great recipe here for this weekend, a great one to share this Sunday for Father’s Day. This is a classic filet mignon recipe with a delicious coffee-bourbon twist sure to impress. Read on below to learn how to make this dish, or check it out over on the ADA’s Diabetes Food Hub.
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 filet mignon steaks, 5 oz each
- 1/2 cup coffee (or 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp instant coffee)
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper evenly over both sides of the beef and let stand 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Meanwhile, stir the coffee, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 tsp salt together in a small bowl.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot. Coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray, add the steaks and cook 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook the steaks 2-6 minutes longer or until they are done as desired. Place them on individual dinner plates in the oven.
- Add the coffee mixture to the skillet, bring to a boil over high heat, and boil 2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to 2 tbsp. Spoon the sauce evenly over beef and serve immediately.
- Cook’s Tip: There’s no need to heat the water before combining it with the instant coffee granules. The granules dissolve just fine in cold water.